Wednesday, July 22, 2015

2015 Marion County Fair

Once again I had a great fair!

It was a tricky fair though. It got up to heat index values of 110 degrees. Another problem was lack of fan coordination. There were fans pointing straight down which caused the hot air to be sucked down. Also there were other fans pointed in opposite directions which caused no air flow. We learned that next year we need to have better fan coordination. We think we have the problem solved!

The heat was very tough, especially, as some rabbits died from the heat. The rabbits were hot during the show too, which made them mad. The good thing is that all my rabbits made it through the fair, and they behaved okay through the show. I did have to switch rabbits right before showmanship it because the heat made my first one mad. I just hope it is cool at state fair!

I got 2 whites for my senior buck and doe, 2 reds for my other senior buck and doe, best of breed for my jr. doe, and best opposite for my jr. buck! I also got Champion Intermediate Showman. I was exited that I got best of breed.

If you want to hear a podcast about me at fair last year, click here, or play the podcast right below!


Here are some pictures!


Taking my rabbits to the judging table.
The judge is judging my rabbits.
 
I am doing showmanship.

My champion intermediate showman trophy.

No comments:

Post a Comment