Sunday, June 14, 2015

Raising Rabbits Podcast!


(press play above to listen to my podcast interview)

Something I really like doing is working on the farm. A way I do that is by raising rabbits. For awhile I planned how I would raise rabbits. Then one Saturday, in May 2012, I built a cage with my dad. The day after that I got my first rabbit, Myuki. Awhile later I got five more rabbits, one buck and four more does. With my new buck we mated Myuki. We still have two of the kits!

My dad asked me to be on his podcast to interview me about rabbits. You can listen to Episode 118 on The Beginning Farmer Show. Below are some of the topics of the interview.
  •  Start with 2 junior bucks and 2 junior does
  •  Rabbits are a good way to start a farm
  •  It's hard to get hardy meat rabbits to raise outside
  •  When you have a lot of rabbits they take a lot of labor

Please check out The Beginning Farmer and thanks for listening!

No comments:

Post a Comment