Saturday, January 14, 2017

My Winter Setup

Now that it is winter, I have moved the rabbits into the winter shed. It is an old grain storage building that we skidded from one of the neighbors farms. It is divided into two halves. We installed two windows, one on each side.

I have eleven rabbits in it. Two years ago, we built some cages to put in there. They each hold four rabbits. The have a frame under them to hold them. Since we have chickens in there sometimes, we put sloped steel over it, too. We store nest boxes under them. We also have a cage by the door. On top of that cage we have a light. On the back wall I have three cages. Two have rabbits. One is storage.

In the middle I have a frame that holds two storage buckets. Under it there is a chicken nest box. I keep my feed in a 30 gallon trash can.

That is my winter setup. I have two bucks and nine does. I put straw on the floor and when it's available on the floor of the cages. I will hopefully have some pictures on soon of the shed. I hope this has been a help.

No comments:

Post a Comment